Pin It

Am I required to give a Statement to Insurance Adjuster in RI?

Can the Insurance Company require me to give a recorded statement  in a Rhode Island Auto Accident or Slip and Fall Case to the insurance company?

Pursuant to Rhode Island Personal Injury Law , you cannot be required to give a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster for the person who caused the RI accident.  In the event that a lawsuit has been filed, then the Lawyer for the person who caused the accident can require you to give a recorded statement via deposition.

However, if the insurance company seeking a recorded statement is your insurance company, you may be obligated by contract to participate in giving a recorded statement.  However, you should never give a recorded statement unless you have a Rhode Island Car Accident Lawyer representing . Your  RI Personal Injury Lawyer should demand a transcript or recording of the statement.

Please contact Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney, David Slepkow 401-437-1100 concerning your RI personal Injury Claim.

Legal Notice per Rules of Professional Responsibility: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers and attorneys in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer / attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. While this firm maintains joint responsibility, most cases of this type are referred to other attorneys for principle responsibility.

2 Responses to “Am I required to give a Statement to Insurance Adjuster in RI?”