RI Car Accident Lawyer explains how to get best Auto Accident Settlement!
If you are injured in Rhode Island Auto Accident, there are several crucial steps which will help you get a good settlement to compensate you for your pain and suffering, lost wages and medical bills. This post was authored by East Providence Rhode Island Car Crash Lawyer David Slepkow 401-437-1100.
1. If you were injured you should seek out medical treatment asap. If you are seriously injured you should leave the accident by ambulance. Otherwise you should immediately go to the emergency room, urgent care center or to your primary care physician. Your primary care Doctor may refer you to a specialist.
2. You need to notify the police of the Rhode Island Auto Crash. Pursuant to Rhode Island Law, the police must be informed of nearly all motor vehicle accidents.
3. Keep your RI Accident Attorneys informed of all medical providers, chiropractors, hospitals, physical therapist, and urgent care centers that you have treated with. Keep track of dates of treatment and what occurred during the treatment. Keep track of all medication.
4. Inform your medical provider of all areas where you are injured or in pain. Please attend all scheduled appointments. Frequent cancelled or missed appointments do not look good. Do Not minimize your pain and suffering. Certainly do not exaggerate your symptoms and pain and suffering. Keep your medical provider informed of all symptoms. The Insurance Company will be reviewing your medical records looking for inconsistent statements or to minimize your damages. According to most Insurance Adjusters, if you are not receiving medical treatment then you are not in pain. You will not receive compensation for long time periods when you are not treating even though you still are in pain.
6. Retain a Rhode Island Personal injury Attorney. RI Car Accident Lawyer David Slepkow 401-437-1100 never charges any fee unless successful. The Insurance Adjuster is not your friend. The Insurance Company will try to give you the least amount of compensation. In many cases they deny claims.
7. After the accident use your cell phone or camera to take pictures. Do not repair your automobile until you have taken pictures.
8. If you get cited for a violation, hire a RI Auto Accident Attorney to represent you.
9. Do not allow the insurance company unfettered access to your medical records. Do not sign the medical releases they will give you. The RI Personal Injury Lawyer will collect your medical records for you and submit them to the insurance company. You do not want to give the Insurance Company unfettered and uncontrolled access to your medical records!
10. Do not let the insurance adjuster influence you to settle the Rhode Island Auto accident prior to retaining a RI Car Accident Lawyer. The Insurance Adjuster wants to trick you and give you as little money as possible. The Insurance Company wants to keep you away from a RI Accident Lawyer who can explain your rights to you.
Rhode Island Attorneys legal Notice per RI Rules of Professional Responsibility:
The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers / attorneys in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer or attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice.
David Slepkow has been an Attorney since 1997. He is a RI Personal Injury Lawyer helping clients with Auto Accident, Premises liability claims and Slip and Fall. David Slepkow is a lawyer and partner at Slepkow Slepkow & Associates, Inc. in East Providence, Rhode Island.
Slepkow Slepkow & Associates, Inc. was established in 1932 and is currently celebrating its 75th anniversary! Attorney, David Slepkow is a member of the Rhode Island (RI) and Massachusetts (MA) Bar Association and the Bar for the Federal Court First Circuit, District of Rhode Island. If necessary, David can arrange weekend and evening consults. David never charges any fee for personal injury case unless successful.
David Slepkow is a member of the Family Law Inns of Court and the Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association.