Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney and RI Car Accident Lawyer
Injured? Call Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer, David Slepkow No Fees, Unless We Win*!
401-437-1100 in the 02915 (RI) -Free Initial Consultations Welcome to the Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney Blog. This Blog was produced by Experienced and Aggressive Attorney, David Slepkow 401-437-1100. You can Email David Slepkow at : Email Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney David is honored to have earned a superb rating by avvo as well as a Preeminent Client Rating 5 out of 5 by Martindale Hubbell.
Connect with David
Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer David Slepkow
David Slepkow, has authored hundreds of expert in depth and informative Law articles which can be found on his numerous Blogs. David Slepkow is not just an experienced litigator. He has recently represented clients at the RI Supreme Court. David recently appealed a case to the Top Court and overturned a decision of a RI Judge in a 5-0 decision in favor of his client. Rhode Island Auto Accident Attorney, David Slepkow is honored to be recently sworn in as a member of the exclusive United States Supreme Court Bar. David Slepkow is an owner and Partner at the renowned and respected East Providence Law firm of Slepkow Slepkow & Associates. SS& A was established in 1932. David is member of the Rhode Island and Massachusetts bar as well as the bar of the Federal Court First Circuit District of RI. David is a member of the Association of Justice.
David is a passionate and aggressive lawyer who fights for his clients. He never charges a fee in a personal injury case unless successful.
David Slepkow is committed to helping Clients get justice and the best settlement possible in their Personal Injury, Auto / Car Accident, Slip and Fall claims in Rhode Island (RI) and Massachusetts (MA). This blog also contains Statutes, Links, Commentary, Case law, Out of State Law Articles Accident News and more! If you are in need of legal representation please call Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney David Slepkow at 401-437-1100 or use his contact form at: Email David Slepkow
- RI Auto /Car accident
- Providence motorcycle and truck accidents
- Dog Bite / Dog Attack
- Uninsured motorists/ Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Accidental deaths / Rhode Island Wrongful Death
- RI hit and run Accidents
- Bike / bicycle accidents
- whiplash injury/ Fractures
- premises liability
- RI truck accidents
- motor vehicle accident claims
- Rhode Island Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- RI Product Liability
- Construction Accident
- Amusement Park accident
10 Important steps to take if you are injured in a Rhode Island Auto Accident
1. If you are injured in a Rhode Island car accident, you need to obtain medical treatment.
If you don’t treat for your automobile collision injury, you will not be properly compensated for your injury. If you do not leave the scene of the accident by ambulance than set an immediate appointment with your primary care doctor or go to an Urgent Care Facility as soon as possible. Your Physician may refer you to a specialist. Some specialists require a referral from a primary care physician. If you wait too long to get medical attention then the Insurance company will claim that your injury was not caused by the accident.
2. You are legally required to notify the local police of the accident.
Pursuant to Rhode Island law, the police must be informed of nearly all car, motor vehicle, trucking wrecks and motorcycle crashes.
3. Remember, as far as the adjustor is concerned, if you are not treating properly you are not suffering. You will not be compensated for your personal injuries for periods of time when you were in pain but were not seeking appropriate medical treatment.
4. Do not cancel medical appointments!
You need to inform your medical doctor of all areas where you feel pain. Don’t minimize your pain. Don’t exaggerate your pain either. Your medical provider needs to be informed of all your symptoms. The Insurance adjuster will carefully review your medical records. The adjuster will try to discredit your allegation. The Insurance adjustor will seek to minimize your pain.
5. Retain a counsel immediately after the mishap. You need to hire someone before you give a statement to the insurance adjuster. The Insurance Company’s role is to compensate you as little as possible as a result of your collision. The Insurance company may even deny your car crash claim altogether, and offer you no compensation at all.
6. Keep your RI accident Attorneys informed of all medical treatment including chiropractors, massage therapists or urgent care visits. Keep a detailed list of all appointments and what happened at the appointment. Save your receipts for medication or other health care products.
7. Please take videos and or pictures of the damage to your vehicle, the other vehicles and the scene of the Automobile Accident. Take pictures of any scarring or bruises. Wait until after you take pictures to repair your car.
8. The Insurance Company may request that you sign a blanket medical release. Do not sign a release. Your experienced and aggressive court representative, will obtain medical records and provide them to the Adjuster.
9. If you receive a citation or ticket for a motor vehicle violation, hire a Rhode island lawyer to represent you. If you are found guilty your personal Injury case may be compromised.
10. Do not settle your insurance claim immediately after the Accident, without legal assistance.
The Insurance adjustor does not want you to be informed of your legal rights by a Rhode Island auto accident lawyer. Incidentally, if you were on vacation and seriously injured in another state, like California, we even know Michael Ehline car accident lawyers in that state who can assist you at 213.596.9642. We go out of our way to assist injured consumers, even if they were injured far from home!
Click here if injured in a MA Car Accident.
RI Slip and Fall on Ice and Snow Law: ”Rhode Island follows the “Connecticut Rule” when determining the duty of care to keep a premises safe from naturally occurring accumulations of ice and snow. SeeFuller v. Housing Authority of Providence, 108 R.I. 770, 774, 279 A.2d 438, 441 (1971). This rule, as we apply it, provides that a landlord or business invitor owes aduty to a tenant or business invitee 1292*1292 ”to use reasonable care to see that the common areas are kept reasonably safe from the dangers created by an accumulation of snow and ice which is attributed to purely natural causes.” Id. at 772, 279 A.2d at 440 (adopting the Connecticut Rule in the landlord-tenant context); see also Terry v. Central Auto Radiators, Inc., 732 A.2d 713, 716 (R.I.1999) (extending rule to business invitor-invitee relationship). The landlord or invitor, however, must be afforded “a reasonable time after the storm has ceased to remove the accumulation.”Benaski, 899 A.2d at 503 (quoting Fuller, 108 R.I. at 774, 279 A.2d at 441). Therefore, as a general rule, any duty to clear a natural accumulation of ice and snow is not triggered before a reasonable time after the storm ends. Id. Under unusual circumstances, however, the duty to remove the accumulation may arise before the end of the storm. Terry, 732 A.2d at 717.” Quote from : BERARDIS v. LOUANGXAY et al 969 A.2d 1288 (2009
Legal Notice per Rules of Professional Responsibility: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers and attorneys in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer / attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. While this firm maintains joint responsibility, most cases of this type are referred to other attorneys for principle responsibility.
* No fees unless we win implies settlement and winning in trial cases.
+ The law firm of Slepkow, Slepkow and Associates Inc. was founded in 1932